Enjoy teaching, laughing, learning and loving your child, your teen.
Meet your child’s emotional needs, intellectual development and come up with strategies to prevent future misbehaviors.
- Knowledge of Child Development
- Responsiveness, Sensitivity, and Nurturing
- Positive Interactions with Child
- Emotional Communication
- Parenting Styles
- Parent-Child Communication Techniques
- Responsibility & Discipline
- Effective Nonviolent Behavior Management
- Building Courage, Character, and Self Esteem
- How to Deal with Issues of Drugs, Sexuality and Violence
- Coping with Bullies
- Problem Solving in Groups
- How to Hold Family Meetings
- Promoting Academic Skills
- Taking Care of the Caregiver
Help Your Child to Be Successful
These qualities are important:
- SELF-ESTEEM – Praise accomplishments, catch your child being good and help your child accept and learn from failure.
- INDEPENDENCE – Allow your child to try and experience new things that are reasonable for him/her.
- SOCIAL SKILLS – These are the most important skills needed for life! Be a good role model and show your child the following while you teach him/her:
*good manners * how to listen
* following directions * finishing a task
* sharing * respecting property
* respecting other’s needs, opinions and differences.
- RESPONSIBILITY – Give your child appropriate chores, expect school/home work to get done and decide on consequences if not done.
- SENSE OF HUMOR – Laughter is the best medicine! Tell jokes, riddles and silly stories together. Find humor in your actions and help your child find humor in his/hers.
Make time each day to talk during meals or while driving, dressing and bathing.
LISTEN to your child
Show mutual respect – It’s the best way to teach it!