Being a Parent is the hardest job in the world.
There is no doubt that parenting in today’s society is a tough job. Parents have unique challenges and stresses and sometimes the responsibility seems overwhelming. Rising rates of crime and violence, the availability of alcohol and drugs, negative peer pressure, and declining connections with families and neighbors further complicate parenting.
- Good kids get involved in youth violence and high-risk behaviors such as drugs, alcohol and sex
- Youth are victims of violence even if they are not the ones hurt or killed
- In communities where children see violence, it is easy for them to begin imitating violent behavior
- Youth violence does EMOTIONAL HARM and physical harm
- In Chicago, 92.5% of youth in the juvenile justice system had experienced at least one trauma.
- Homicide is the leading cause of death for African American males ages 10 -24 years old
- Homicide is the second leading cause of death for Hispanic males ages 10-24 years old
- Violence was the major cause of nonfatal injuries among youth.
- Youth are influenced by their relationships and environment.
- Y O U T H V I O L E N C E I S P R E V E N T A B L E